About the Maine Council of Reflexologists
- The Maine Council of Reflexologists was founded in 1991.
- The affiliation between the Maine Council of Reflexologists and the Reflexology Association of America was formally approved by the RAA Board of Directors on June 4, 2006.
- MCR is an active state association supporting their membership with a fully seated Board of Directors and working committees.
- MCR holds Membership Events, and offers Continuing Education opportunities.
- MCR publishes a quarterly Newsletter, maintains a Website, including a Practitioner referral page.
- To make the public:
- aware of competent practitioners and their training
- aware of reflexology and its principles.
- To meet the needs of the Profession:
- by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
- promoting and convening annual meeting/conference
- supporting the development of interested people in the profession
As professional Reflexologists we:
- Provide Professional Services to balance the body's energies
- Hold general membership meetings 3 times a year
- Maintain a strong voice for the reflexology profession in the state of Maine
- Sponsor lecture/workshops
- Speak to community groups
- Provide networking throughout the State, Country, and the World.
- Provide ARCB (American Reflexology Certification Board) approved continuing education for our members and associates through workshops and lectures
The Maine Council of Reflexologists may be what you need, whether you are a reflexologist looking for networking, support, continuing education and keeping abreast of the profession, or someone who is looking for a competent certified reflexologist. The meetings, three newsletters per year, informational emails and the website, help keep members abreast of the quickly changing reflexology profession and our association. For those looking for a competent certified reflexologist, we list them on our website and in our brochure, by region. Though there is no reflexology licensing in Maine, we are exempted from the massage law. Among other events each year, we provide reflexology mini-sessions and a lecture at the Common Ground Fair in Unity, Maine, during World Reflexology Week. Maine boasts a Reflexology Labyrinth at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, which is helping to spread the word about reflexology. We are proud to say that we have hosted the Reflexology Association of America's conference in 2008.
Professional reflexologists, students of reflexology, schools of reflexology and businesses/benefactors wanting to support reflexology are welcome to join MCR